Engineering at Prospects College of Advanced Technology
If you are interested in a career in Engineering, then PROCAT has the perfect course for you. An apprenticeship or further education course delivered by our dedicated team of instructors will really kick-start your career. If you like making things, are good with your hands and like solving problems or figuring out how things work, then engineering could be the career for you - and it's a good career to choose. Quite simply, your options are just about unlimited and the only barrier to how far you can progress, is how hard you're prepared to work. - See more at: http://www.procat.ac.uk/course/engineering#sthash.KIqo24X1.dpuf
This course focuses on the education and training of engineers and technicians employed at a professional level in a variety of types of technical work. This includes systems design, manufacture, maintenance and technical service areas of the mechanical, electronic and electrical engineering industries. It gives you the chance to gain a nationally recognised vocational qualification.
There are a number of pathways and topics that can be covered, including Mechanical, Fabrication and Welding, Electrical, Manufacturing and Maintenance Engineering.
Mechanical Engineering Units
- Properties and applications of engineering materials
- Engineering project (double unit)
- Health, safety, risk assessment and welfare in the engineering workplace
- Fabrication process and technology
- Secondary finishing and processes
- Applications of computer numerical control in engineering
Electrical / Electronic Units
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Principles and applications of electronic devices and circuits
- Electrical technology
Knowledge underpinning Units
- Mathematics for technicians
- Computer aided manufacturing
- Application of mechanical systems and technology
- Further mathematics for technicians
- See more at: http://www.procat.ac.uk/course/engineering#sthash.KIqo24X1.dpuf
A small company on an industrial estate or a multinational giant. - See more at: http://www.procat.ac.uk/course/engineering#sthash.KIqo24X1.dpuf
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Prospects College of Advanced Technology directly.