History AS & A Level at Coloma Convent Girls' School
Two topics studied:
UNIT 1C: The Tudors 1485-1603
- Year 1: Henry VII & Henry VIII
- Year 2: Edward VI, Mary I & Elizabeth I
UNIT 2O: Democracy and Nazism: Germany 1918-1945
- Year 1: Weimar Germany 1918-1933
- Year 2: Nazi Germany 1933-1945
UNIT 3: Historical Investigation – over 100 year period:
The topic chosen is: The USA: From Reconstruction to Civil Rights, c. 1865-1968
The chosen pathway requirements and at least Grade B in GCSE History.
This subject requires strong essay writing and source analysis skills. Students should have the ability to consider evidence and draw conclusions. When undertaking A level History, students should have an inquiring mind and enjoy research. They should be able to form their own interpretations and be prepared to give presentations both individually and in a group. They should also participate in class discussions and read widely around the subject.
- Two written examinations, each 1½ hours (each paper is 50% of AS level)
- Two written examinations, each 2½ hours (each paper is 40% of A level)
- An Historical Investigation of 3000-3500 words (20% of A level)
This A level has a linear specification
Awarding Body 2017-19
AQA Advanced Subsidiary GCE in History (7041)
AQA Advanced GCE in History (7042)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Coloma Convent Girls' School directly.