Mathematics A-Level at Churchill Academy and Sixth Form
Mathematics at A Level builds on the foundations laid at GCSE. Enjoy delving deeper into your current understanding and revel in the discovery of new, interesting and exciting concepts. The list of transferable skills developed while studying Mathematics is extensive: independent learning, problem solving, water-tight logic and perseverance. Universities and employers recognise the course as being both challenging and rewarding.
- Pure: Core 1
- Pure: Core 2
- Applied: Mechanics 1 / Statistics 1 (depending on choice)
- Pure: Core 3
- Pure: Core 4
- Applied: Mechanics 2 / Statistics 2 (continued from choice)
5 A* - C at GCSE
B grade in GCSE Maths
(A grade in GCSE Maths desirable)
Maths can lead to a host of future possibilities:
- Accountancy / Finance
- Computer science
- Any other science
- Statistical analysis (with data from social networks now readily available, this is a rapidly developing industry)
- Intelligence analysis (spying, codebreaking)
- The list is huge and varied: mathematical experts are in demand across all kinds of industries.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Churchill Academy and Sixth Form directly.