Travel and Tourism at Walker Technology College
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to study towards a specialist work-related qualification which focuses on different aspects of employment in the Travel and Tourism industry. The course covers the key knowledge and practical skills required in the sector and isdesigned to give you a thorough insight into the Traveland Tourism industry.
What topics will I learn about?
You will study the following mandatory units:
Investigating the Travel and Tourism Sector
The business of Travel and Tourism
The UK as a Destination
Customer service in Travel and Tourism
PLUS a small selection of optional units that can include:
- Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism
- European Destinations
- Long-haul Travel Destinations
- Retail Travel Operations
- Business Travel Operations
- Investigating the Cruise Industry
- UK Visitor Attractions
- Work Experience in the Travel and Tourism Sector
- Airfares and Ticketing
- Researching Current Issues in Travel and Tourism
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure,
- Travel and Tourism
Candidates are expected to have 5 GCSE. grades A* - C
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Walker Technology College directly.