Health and Social Care - BTEC Level 3 National Award at Nunthorpe Academy
Why choose Health and Social Care?
This qualification helps students go onto higher level qualifications, such as a Higher National Diploma or degree or straight into work. It prepares students for a range of careers in health and social care settings, such as Community work, Health services, Housing services, Social work, Welfare work and Careers in Education.
What does the course involve?
Health and Social Care is a work-related qualification, designed to offer students a choice of routes into higher education and employment. Health and Social Care is a qualification for people who wish to follow careers in the caring services. It will give students a broad based introduction to their chosen career.
The course structure below is a guide to give you a sample of the types of units that will be on offer.
- Developing Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality, Rights and Diversity
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Development through the life stages
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Personal and Professional Development
- Sociological Perspectives
- Psychological Perspectives
- Caring for Children and Young People
5 GCSEs Grade A*-C including English.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nunthorpe Academy directly.