Creative Media with Community Arts Level 2 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
Learn valuable camera, sound and editing skills for community based productions.
You will complete a mix of in front of and behind the camera projects.
- Practical classes in media and performance
- Filming, editing and performance
- Working on productions - live and filmed
- Organising filming and screenings
- 136 GCSE entry points or equivalent from top 5 GCSE's
- D in English Language
- Level 1 vocational qualification at a Merit, and
- D in English Language or a Level 1 Functional Skill English pass
- Interest in digital media and performance
The majority of assessments are through practical assignments. There are some written projects in the form of an on-line assessment and a controlled written assessment.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- Progression to a L3 Performing Arts Course
- Progression to a L3 Media Production Course
- Progression to a L3 Interactive Media or L3 Photography course
- You will continue studying English either GCSE or Functional Skills.
- There are trips to the theatre and broadcasting companies.
- You will undertake work related experience.
What will I need?
You will need an external hard drive for filmed projects. The kit and trip cost is £100.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.