Business A-Level at Seevic College
A-Level Business will see you develop the knowledge and skills needed to take part in the world of business.
The content is designed to engage you through topics and issues that are relevant in today's society. You will study key contemporary developments, such as digital technology and business ethics - with globalisation being covered throughout all topics.
Over this two-year programme every aspect of business behaviour is covered, including: Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Operations Management, Business Decision Making and Business Strategy.
The course will also cover the use of business techniques and concepts in the solving of specific business problems.
- What is Business?
- Managers, leadership and decision-making
- Marketing, operational, financial and human resource performance
- Strategic decision-making.
General Entry Requirements
- Average point score of 5.3, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths.
- If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths
- Grade C/5 or above in GCSE English Language.
The course is classroom based, although there is the opportunity to attend revision conferences and visit a variety of businesses.
There are three exam papers, each lasting one hour and 30 minutes. The exams involves answering problem solving style questions based on given case studies, as well as some multiple choice and data response questions.
- Further course text at a cost of £20.
- Cost of trips will vary according to the destination, with many requiring only the cost of travel to be met.
- Revision conferences have an entry fee of £20.
After successfully completing the courses you will have a range of options including:
- Progression to the HND Business course at Seevic College
- Employment in areas such as: Banking, Finance, Business Management or setting up your own company.
- University to study subjects as diverse as: Business, Management, Marketing, Finance, Law or Economics.
83% of our most recent A-Level cohort has been offered a University place to access a Business related degree. Previous students have set up their own successful small businesses locally as well as secured careers in large companies in a variety of business roles.
A number of more creative students have progressed into the Marketing field. When coupled with a Finance or Accounting qualification, a number of our students have qualified as Financial Advisors and Accountants.
- Tutors are academically qualified and have actual industry experience - many operate their own businesses when they’re not teaching at the College.
- Opportunities to take part in entrepreneurial competitions throughout your course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.