Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at South Tyneside College
The BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism provides an opportunity for learners who would like to gain employment in the travel and tourism sector, including retail travel, visitor attractions, and accommodation, transport and tour operations. The specification has been designed to allow learners the opportunity to gain a wide range of knowledge and experiences so that particular interests and career aspirations within the travel and tourism sector can be pursued.
Course content: The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism is a two-year qualification that consists of four mandatory units plus fourteen optional units.
- Investigating the Travel and Tourism Sector
- The Business of Travel and Tourism
- The UK as a Destination
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- Marketing Travel and Tourism Products and Services
- Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism European Destinations
- Long-haul Travel Destinations
- Retail Travel Operations
- Business Travel Operations
- Investigating the Cruise Industry Responsible Tourism
- Tour Operations Specialist Tourism
- Working as a Holiday Representative
- Passenger Transport for Travel and Tourism Events
- Conferences and Exhibitions
- Tourism in Rural Areas, UK Visitor Attractions
- Operations in Travel and Tourism Residential Study
- Visit in Travel and Tourism*
- Airfares and Ticketing Organising a Travel and Tourism Study Visit
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
This is a two year full time course.
Students will be required to spend at least 900 hours on taught or directed study over the two years. Students will also follow courses in the three Key Skills of Communication, Application of Number and IT. This course could include activities that may take place outside the conventional lecture time. These activities are a compulsory part of the course.
BTEC Level 2 qualification in Travel & Tourism or a related vocational area. A standard of literacy and numeracy supported by a general education equivalent to four GCSEs at grade A*-C and/or other related Level 2 qualifications.
Assessment is by a combination of submitted assignments and practical tasks that are internally assessed and then externally verified.
A BTEC L3 Extended Diploma develops learners' skills and L3 Extended Diplomas offer direct progression on to BTEC Higher National programmes, BTEC Foundation Degree Programmes and beyond. BTEC L3 Extended Diplomas are recognised by higher education institutions and attract UCAS points.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Tyneside College directly.