Auto Electrical and Mobile Electrical Principles Level 3 Diploma at Preston's College
This course is designed to provide you with an understanding of advanced automotive technology including diagnostic and repair techniques for a range of electrical systems. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of vehicle electrical systems including auxiliary electrical, engine management systems and chassis systems. Plus to make sure you are employable after your course you are given the time to complete 36 hours of work experience so you can apply what you learn into a real work environment.
Units of study:
– Health, safety and good housekeeping.
– Support for job roles in the automotive environment.
– Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices.
– Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults.
– Inspecting vehicles using prescribed methods.
– Diagnosis and rectification of engine electrical faults.
– Diagnosis and rectification of transmission and chassis electrical faults.
– Conducting vehicle enhancement and installation consultations with customers.
A relevant Level 2 qualification, auto-electrical experience and a successful interview.
You will complete projects to show your skills and this will be part of your assessment. You will also complete practical tasks in the workshop, written assignments and timed online multiple choice tests.
You can progress to a Higher Level Apprenticeship in motor vehicle studies or the Level 4 Advanced Automotive Diagnostics and Management Principles. This is also available as an Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Preston's College directly.