Chemistry at All Hallows Catholic College
The AS course builds upon the chemical knowledge, understanding and skills developed during the double science course. It contains three units which will be examined in June.
* AS Unit 1 - Foundation Chemistry
* AS Unit 2 - Chemistry in Action
* AS Unit 3 - Investigative and Practical skills in AS Chemistry
The A2 course comprises a further 3 units:
* Unit 4 Kinetics, Equilibria and Organic Chemistry - examined in January.
* Unit 5, Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry - examined in June
* Unit 6 Investigative and Practical Skills - examined in June.
The course aims to develop the knowledge and understanding of chemical concepts, and to develop the skills needed for their use in new and changing surroundings. Students will be aware of how advances in information technology and instrumentation are used in Chemistry, as well as the contributions of Chemistry to society.
5 GCSE’s A*-C Including CC or above in Science
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact All Hallows Catholic College directly.