Vehicle Component Fitting Certificate Level 2 at Colchester Institute
This Level 2 Certificate in Vehicle Component Fitting qualification is ideal for learners, who are interested in learning about the maintenance of motor vehicles. The qualification has a predominately practical approach to assessment.
This course supports the learner’s progress into the retail motor vehicle industry and to a Level 2 Vocationally Competence Qualification (VCQ). In addition to your main programme, you will study English and maths. Depending on your grades on entry, you will study either Functional Skills or GCSEs English and maths (one per year).
- Learners will Develop their Knowledge of Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment.
- Removal and Fitting of Basic Light Vehicle Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) Components and Non Permanently Fixed Vehicle Body Panels.
- Develop their Knowledge of:
Materials, Fabrication, Tools, Equipment and Measuring Devices in the Automotive Environment.
- Systems, Components and Operation of Spark Ignition Engines and Compression Ignition Engine Systems.
- Inspection and Replacement of Light Vehicle Exhaust Components.
Normally 4 GCSEs (grades A*- C) including English, Maths and Science or successful completion of the Motor Vehicle Level 1 programme and consent from the progression review board.
A career in the motor vehicle industry generally at either craft or technician level.
Further study and training including progression to an Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Colchester Institute directly.