PE A LEVEL( RPA) at Richmond Park Academy - RPA
A Level PE will equip learners with bott a depth and breadth of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to scientific, socio-cultural and practical aspects of physical education.
- Develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport
- Understand how physiological and psychological states affect performance
- Understand the key socio-cultural factors that influence people’s involvement in physical activity and sport
- Understand the role of technology in physical activity and sport
- Refine their ability to perform effectively in physical activity and sport by developing skills and techniques
- Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance
Component 1: Physiological factors affecting performance
1.1: Applied anatomy and physiology
1.2: Exercise physiology
Component 2: Psychological factors affecting performance
2.1: Skill acquisition
2.2: Sports psychology
Component 3: Socio-cultural issues in physical activity and sport
3.1: Sport and society
3.2: Contemporary issues in physical activity and sport
Component 4: Performance in physical education
4.1: Performance or coaching a chosen activity
PE GCSE grade B or grade 6
Exercise and sport science: health industry, sport/exercise assessment and advising, sport equipment development/testing, fitness training/coaching/development, exercise research. Sport and leisure studies: sport management and marketing, sport psychology consultants, sports journalism, local sporting bodies. Professional Studies: outdoor educators, preparation for teacher training, sports coaching, sport/recreation and youth workers. Exercise prescription and management: training and rehabilitation, consultancy to the fitness industry, cardiac rehabilitation, working with sport and disability organisations.
EXAM BOARD: OCR
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Richmond Park Academy - RPA directly.