Music Technology AS level at Howard of Effingham School
Unit 1: Music Technology Portfolio 1
This paper has three tasks:
• Sequencing a recording set by Edexcel using music software.
• A multi tracked studio recording of any piece using 8-12 live tracks.
• A sequenced arrangement using given ideas.
Unit 2: Listening and Analysing
• A 1 hour 45 minutes examination paper
This assesses the two areas of study ‘Popular Music Styles since 1910’ and ‘The Principles and Practice of Music Technology’.
- Ability to read music notation (Approximately grade 3 Music Theory)
- Ability to play a piano style keyboard (Approximately grade 3)
15% Written Paper, 35% Practical coursework tasks.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Howard of Effingham School directly.