ICT Level 3 Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma at Ashfield School
The Cambridge Technicals in ICT provides opportunities to develop skills demanded by employers. The qualifications offers learners the opportunity for a programme of study to prepare for further learning or training, develop essential knowledge in a number of areas of ICT including web site / mobile technology development, games development, management of data and how businesses use ICT.
Candidates require at least a C in English Language.
For this qualification learners must achieve five units over the two years. 50% is coursework and 50% is externally examined. There are 3 mandatory units:
Unit 1 – Fundamentals in IT (exam 25%)
- IT technologies and practices essential for IT professionals
- Fundamentals of hardware, networks, software
- Ethical use of computers and how businesses use IT
Unit 2 – Global Information (exam 25%)
- Uses of information and good management of data and information
- How organisations use information sources internally and externally
Unit 6 – Application Design (internally assessed 16.6%)
- Potential ideas and developing a design for a new application
- Present, prototype, gain feedback and refine design
- Liaising with clients, questioning effectively and presenting
Plus 2 from the following internally assessed units:
Product Development (16.6%), Mobile Technology (16.6%), Social Media and Digital Marketing (16.6%), Games Design and Prototyping (16.6%), Internet of Everything (16.6%) Decisions on the final two units will be made when more information is available.
This course can lead to further study at university in: Computer Science, Computer Studies, Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Game Applications Development, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Information Security, Business Information Systems and IT Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashfield School directly.