Bricklaying Cskills Level 1 Diploma at Bedford College
This course will provide you with the basic understanding and skills you will require to carry out a range of introductory bricklaying techniques to a recognised standard.
During the course you will cover a range of topics, including:
- How to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- How to carry out basic blocklaying skills
- How to carry out basic bricklaying skills
- How to carry out basic cavity walling
- How to contribute to setting out and building basic masonry structures up to damp course level.
- How to mix construction materials
To start you should have a keen interest in bricklaying. Some evidence of studying at GCSE level or successful completion of an entry level qualification would be an advantage. Entry is subject to a successful interview, where you will be asked to complete a skills assessment.
Practical assessment is continuous through each unit of training and throughout the programme. There will also be a knowledge test at the end of the course.
This course could be free! You will be eligible if you are aged 19-24 on the 31st August of the year you are starting your course and are actively seeking employment and in receipt of a means tested benefit (such as job seekers, housing benefit, council tax benefit). Please note you will need to be able to produce evidence of the benefit in your name when you come to enrol.
On successful completion you could progress onto Brickwork Level 2
To take part in this course you will be required to pay £20 to pay for uniform/equipment and £20 for a course textbook to aid your studies. You will also need to pay £10 to attend educational event(s) that complement your course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedford College directly.