Bricklaying Apprenticeship Level 2 at West Lancashire College
This course is for school leavers and adults who are working within the construction industry as a bricklayer.
Successful students tend to:
- have practical skills and good hand skills
- be able to follow technical drawings, building plans, and other instructions
- be fit and strong enough to carry tools and materials
- have good communication skills
- be able to work quickly and neatly
- enjoy working with others
All students will study the following:
You will study a Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying, NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Trowel Occupations Site, Employers Rights and Responsibilities and Functional skills English and Maths at level 1 or 2
All students must purchase the relevant kit prior to starting the course. Costs will be discussed at the enrolment and during the college induction.
Hi – vis vest will be supplied by the college
Hi – vis vest and ID badges must be worn at all times
• Health and Safety in the workplace
• Efficient working practices
• Move and handling resources
• Erecting masonry structures
• Setting out
• Thin bed joint masonry structure
• Repairing and maintaining masonry structures
Level 2 Diploma in Trowel Occupations
• Health and Safety within the construction industry
• Communicating throughout the trades
• The construction industry
• Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
• Constructing cavity walling
• Level 1 or 2 Mathematics
• Level 1 or 2 Communication
Candidates must be working for a minimum of 16 hours per week in the industry, have the support of the employer and be capable of achieving Functional Skills at the required level.
West Lancashire College will also accept credits previously gained through the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
All successful candidates will be interviewed/assessed and selected for the course.
• Assessment is via multiple choice examination and practical tests
• Awarding body phase test
• Portfolio of knowledge
• On site assessment
• Work based recorder
Successful students may progress onto the Level 3 NVQ and Diploma in Bricklaying.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact West Lancashire College directly.