Accessibility links

Design and Technology (Food) GCSE at Handsworth Grange School

Course content

In the area of food we offer much more than cooking: The limits are set by your own imagination, Emphasis is placed on your own ideas, How would you develop new food ideas for Supermarkets?
You will gain insight into the food industry: How it works and how it affects you, How ICT is important in the industry There will be opportunity to: Research the market Test foods, Cost recipes, Experiment with food material, Organise, plan and cook your choice of recipes, Visits to various food manufacturers and retailer in the food sector. Your work will involve the use if ICT.

Assessment

This will involve a number of Design and Make projects in Y10 and one major coursework project in Y11 which is worth 60% of your final grade, the remaining 40% coming from final GCSE examinations.

How to apply

You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.

Last updated date: 23 October 2017

Key information

  • Start date: Unknown

Venues