Extended Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering - Level 3 at South Thames College
If you're interested in engineering training, working in electrical engineering or want to study an electronics-related subject at a higher level, this course will prepare you for university and a career in areas such as electrical engineering, electronics, avionics, automotive, telecommunications and mobile communications.
- Maths and further maths
- Mechanical principles
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Business operations in engineering
- Selecting and using programmable logic controllers
- Electronic devices and circuits
- Electronic measurement and testing
- Engineering project (double unit)
- Electronic circuit design and manufacture
- Industrial process controllers
- Electronic systems
- Digital systems
- Electronic fault finding
- Health and safety.
Four GCSEs grades A*-C or a relevant Level 2 qualification at least at merit.
Continual assessment and you must pass all units.
You could go on to a university-level course, further engineering or electrical engineering training, find work or an apprenticeship in the engineering sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Thames College directly.