Body Repair and Paint Apprenticeship Level 3 at Warwickshire College Group
This is a follow-on course from the Level 2 Apprenticeship. You will learn to colour match and apply topcoat to vehicles and also learn about refinishing plastics.
On this Apprenticeship you will cover:
- Health and Safety
- Supporting Roles in the automotive industry
- Motor vehicle construction and materials
- Minor vehicle exterior body panel repairs
- Removing and fitting non-permanently fixed motor vehicle body panels
- Applying fillers and foundation materials
- Preparing metal and pre-painted surfaces
- Repairing minor paint defects
- Working with plastic materials and components
- Establishing paint defects
- Applying top coats and completing refinishing operations
- Vehicle colour matching
To study for the Level 3 Apprenticeship you need to have achieved the Level 2 Body Repair and Paint qualification.
You must also have a work placement.
Assessments are carried out in the workplace by an Assessor. Units are achieved by written tasks and assessment of the candidate in the workplace. There are also a series of externally set and marked tests.
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship you may progress into employment within the vehicle body and paint industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.