Level 1 BTEC Diploma in Caring for Children at Kendal College at Queen Elizabeth School
During your course you study the following topics:
* Learning experiences for young children
* Creative activities for young children
* Books, stories, poems and rhymes for children
* Keeping children safe
* Communication skills with children
* Physical activities for children
* Encouraging children to eat healthily
* Planning for the physical and emotional care needs of children
We would also advise you that your school work-placement should be in the childcare sector.
This course will give you a comprehensive introduction to working with children and will enhance your skills in voluntary work as well, for example babysitting.
There are no specific entry requirements for this Level 1 course, but we expect you to have a genuine interest in the course you choose.
You are assessed by coursework throughout the programme.
On successful completion of this two year course, there may be the opportunity of taking a Level 2 qualification in Childcare, eg Level 2 BTEC Diploma or NVQ level 2.
This course is worth up to 102 points.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Queen Elizabeth School directly.