Legal Administration Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to meet the specialist administrative and secretarial needs of a range of the legal occupations.
Legal Secretaries will suit you if you work or want to work as a senior administrator or secretary in a business or legal environment.
The qualifications, designed in partnership with CILEx (The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives), enable you to progress directly into employment.
- Business Skills in a Legal Environment
- Legal Text and Audio Processing
- Legal Terminology
- Legal Database
- Legal Spreadsheets
- OCR Level 2/3 Certificate in Text Processing
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- classroom-based learning
- taught sessions in IT suite settings
- lecture sessions
- discussions and presentations
- group work
- tutorial support
- educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- other learning methods.
Homework will form an integral part of the course
- Students must be 18 years.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above – English Language and Maths are essential, or
- an equivalent qualification with appropriate grades.
- Previous administrative experience is desired.
Learners must complete 4 mandatory units and 2 optional units. These are assessed through a combination of:
- Nationally set assessments
- External exams
The Diploma in Legal Studies can help you gain employment in lots of areas of the legal system.
- Administrative assistant / Administrator
- Chartered Legal Executive
- Legal Secretary
You could proceed onto a number of higher education programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- HNC/D Business, available at Bangor
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Management and Business, available at Rhos-on-Sea
- BA (Hons) Management and Business, available at Rhos-on-Sea.
In addition, we also have a number of Higher Level qualifications offered through the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), and degree courses.
- Legal Secretary
- Medical Administrator
- Office Assistant
- Office Manager
- Personal Assistant
Programme code: 1505B03B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.