Preparation for the Police Service Level 3 Diploma at Eastleigh College
The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Preparation for the Police Service (QCF) is a technical level qualification that provides learners with the underpinning knowledge and skills needed to apply to join the Police Service and gives and insight into the roles, skills and knowledge required to work in the Police Service.
This qualification focuses on practical application and has been specifically developed to complement the Certificate in Knowledge of Policing (CKP) which is a pre-join requirement for police forces.
Mandatory units include:
- the recruitment process
- physical fitness
- dealing with incidents
- protection of self and others
- community and neighbourhood policing.
- You will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A* - C including English Language and maths as well as passion and commitment to join the Police Service.
- You must be committed to improving your fitness, be self-disciplined and prepared to study in your own time.
- You should also have good attendance and attitude scores from your previous school or college and will need to complete a successful college interview.
- This can be taken as a 1st or 2nd year option and work well with other 1 year programmes such as Uniformed Services and Criminology.
You will produce a portfolio of evidence to confirm the knowledge, understanding and skills that you have learnt.
Assessors will provide guidance on how to prepare the portfolio of evidence and how to show practical achievement and understanding of the knowledge required to successfully complete this qualification.
Evidence in the portfolio may take the following forms:observed work, witness statements, audio-visual modia, evidence of prior learning or attainment, written questions, oral questions, assignments and case studies.
This programme aims to develop some of the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills required of a police officer. Learners who complete this qualification will be better prepared when applying to join the police service.
This qualification aims to provide learners with the core elements, fundamental to both applying to join and working in the police service.
This qualification has been written in conjunction with experts in the field and is recognised by Police services across the country. This qualification is also recognised by the College of Policing whos role is to set professional practice standards, promote evidence based good practice, support partnership working to facilitate community policing and lead on ethics and integrity in the police service.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.