French AS/A2 Level at Kirkby College
Why learn French? Well, does it surprise you that only 6% of the world’s population speak English as their first language and 75% speak no English at all? As such, many employers and universities regard an A-level in a language as a high value qualification and it will open doors to you on a wealth of career opportunities.
French is a global language: spoken in many countries throughout the world and used widely in international politics. It doesn’t stop there – learning one language gives you the necessary language learning skills to learn another and employers are always on the lookout for competent linguists because their customers are three times as likely to buy from them if they are addressed in their own language. So choose French, make yourself more marketable and earn more.
- Popular Culture
- Healthy Living and Lifestyles
- The Environment
- Contemporary Social Issues
- The Multicultural Society
- A cultural study
These are spread over four units.
- AS Unit 1 70%; Written exam testing , reading and writing skills
- AS Unit 2 30%; Speaking exam, 15 minute conversation around the 4 topic areas
- A2 Unit 3 70%; Written exam, testing: listening and reading and writing skills
- A2 Unit 4 30%; Speaking exam, 15 minute conversation around the four themes
Possible apprenticeships after studying A level French include marketing, events management, sales, journalism, leisure and tourism, hospitality, military. You could also go on to study a variety of courses at university, not just a degree in French, Business management, media, Leisure and Tourism, Hospitality, politics and law courses can be combined with a language. Language skills are highly valued in the world of business and add to your professional skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kirkby College directly.