Performing Arts The Acting Programme BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (3 x A level Equivalent) Edexcel at The Canterbury Academy
This is an exciting and unique concept for post-16 actors and actresses. For one day every week (9am - 4pm), you will benefit from working with professional actors of stage and screen who will share their experiences and training with you. You will get an introduction to a top acting agent who may represent you professionally. You will also enter national competitions.
All acting programme students will:
• receive professional training
• get the opportunity for professional representation from a top talent agency
• achieve BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in performing arts (acting)
• work to gain entry requirement for top drama schools and universities
• perform at prestigious events
• work with practitioners from higher education, TV and theatre
• have the opportunity to follow another full A-Level course alongside their training
Theatre history, acting techniques, audition techniques and preparation, practitioner study, devising acting, script work, script writing, performance study, performance techniques.
We would recommend a GCSE grade 6 in drama/performing arts and a keen interest in working within the industry, as well as a successful audition into Canterbury Institute of Performing Arts.
70% performance, 30% coursework for BTEC Extended Diploma (worth three A Levels).
It will give you a wide knowledge base to help you choose a suitable career path in the acting industry. You will be working with professionals from the industry who will give first hand advice and insight.
Should you achieve the appropriate grades, this course will enable you to move on to higher education at university or drama school.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.