ICT Systems Support C&G Diploma - Level 2 at Dudley College
This one year is aimed at learners considering a career in ICT technical support, skilling individuals with a range practical, theoretical and logical fault finding skills required to support users of ICT equipment. Learners will develop their knowledge of hardware, software, networking and customer support.
Subjects you will study include:
• Maintaining equipment and systems, preventative maintenance, remedial solutions, maintaining documentation and Health and Safety in the workplace
• Creating an event-driven computer program
• Customer support provision, identifying customers' requirements, improving support to customers, provision of help and advice, implementation of improvements
• Repair centre procedures, using test equipment and diagnostic software, identify solutions for failures, dismantling and reassembling equipment, repairing equipment
• Networking principles
• Installing hardware and software into networked system
• Identifying network problems and apply remedial solutions
• Install and configuring equipment and operating systems testing and assembly of hardware, loading software components and selecting/applying test procedures. The course will also cover work preparation and improving your maths and English skills
You must hold either:
Two GCSEs at grade D and a grade 3 in English or mathematics
BTEC First Diploma (Merit) plus GCSE maths and English grade 3 or above
If you have slightly lower grades but show aptitude and interest, your application will also be considered.
A mixture of online multiple choice tests and practical assessments..
There is no need to worry about the costs of coming to college as there is lots of financial help available. Our finance and welfare officers will be able to talk to you about any help that may be available to you based on your individual circumstances.
Examples of financial help are:
Students aged 16-18 attending a full-time further education course can apply to the 16-18 Bursary Fund for help with college related costs. More information about the 16-18 Bursary Fund can be found at the website:https://www.gov.uk/1619-bursary-fund or by contacting our Student Finance team on 01384 363 555.
Free BUS PASS
We will provide a free bus pass to help with travel costs for 16-18* year olds on full-time programmes, based on individual circumstances**. To qualify for a free bus pass***, you must live more than one mile from the campus at which you will be studying and not already be in receipt of other financial support, such as Care to Learn funding.
*Under 19 as at 31 August 2017.
**Students with learning difficulties or disabilities who are unable to access public transport may still be able to receive help – talk to our Student Finance team.
***Evidence of family income will need to be provided.
For advice on help that may be available to you when you start college call our Student Finance team on 01384 363 555.
Employment as a technician. Level 3 System Support course followed by an HND.
For further information about Dudley College and the courses on offer, please visit http://www.dudleycol.ac.uk or contact Student Services on 01384 363 363.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dudley College directly.