Dance A level at Woking College
Develop your skills in performing, choreography and appreciation: our dance curriculum includes classes in contemporary jazz and ballet technique, composition, dance studio practice, and the analysis and evaluation of professional dance works. Dance complements courses within the performing arts as well as sports and life science.
Component 1 - Examination: Performance and Choreography (Practical Examination - 50%)
- Section A: Solo performance linked to a specific practitioner of choice
- Section B: Performance in a group
- Section C: Group choreographer for 3-5 dancers
Component 2 - Examination: Critical Engagement (2 hours, 30 minutes - 50%)
- Section A: Set work study (Rooster - Bruce, 1991) and another optional set work
- Section B: Area of study (Rambert Dance Company, 1966-2002) and another optional area
Five A*- C grades (or equivalent 4+)
Previous dance training is desirable.
Examination = 100%
The course can lead to a range of degree courses, including Dance and Performing Arts. For those exceptional performers it could lead to the study of Dance or Musical Theatre at a vocational School.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Woking College directly.