Art And Design L3 Subsidiary Diploma at North Lindsey College
The Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Art & Design has been developed to meet the needs
of those wishing to pursue a career within the areas of Art & Design. The course has been specifically designed to give the learners the skills and understanding of a range of disciplines, and enable them to find a focus for possible future progression at
The Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma is equivalent to 1 A Level and will lead on to the Level 3 Diploma in Art & Design, which is equivalent to 2 A Levels. This course is to be studied alongside an AS Level subject.
The course is made up of exciting practical projects and creative workshops giving
learners the opportunity to expand their horizons within the field of Art and Design. Assignments on the course vary in timescale depending on the nature of the project. Opportunities to take part in client-based projects and competitions occur throughout
the course giving learners a good understanding of working as artists and designers. These have included producing and displaying jewellery at North Lincolnshire Museum, graphic design for `The Junction' service and North Lincolnshire Fire Service, Christmas
card competition for North Lindsey College and Memorial Sculpture for `Daisylincs'.
The course structure is as follows:
- Visual Recording in Art & Design
- Communication through Art & Design
- Materials, Techniques & Processes in Art & Design
- Ideas and Concepts in Art & Design
- Fashion Visualisation
- 3D Design Media, Techniques & Technology
- Students who do not have GCSE grade C or above in English and/or Maths will be required to study these subjects as part of the programme of study.
- 5 GCSEs at grades A - C, including Maths and English and a creative subject.
- Applications are also welcome from progressing learners who have completed a Level 2 Diploma qualification and also have met their personal targets.
- Mature students are welcome and entry requirements may be flexible.
- All applicants will be required to attend an informal interview and present a portfolio of work that demonstrates their abilities to the required standard.
Your progress will be measured in a number of ways including practical projects, written
assignments and internal assessment throughout the course. You will receive information about this through verbal and written feedback from an assignment or project, and grading of your work. Assessment of student work is monitored by an internal verifier
and you may be required to submit work to an external verifier from the examining body.
Additional English and Maths and A Level qualifications will require a formal examination.
The course structure is designed to provide students with a progression route to the
Level 3 Diploma in Art & Design or Creative Digital Media combined with further A Level study.
Ultimately, students may wish to progress to Higher education courses such as a degree level course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.