Extended Project Qualification at Shoreham Academy
- Independent thinking
- Self discipline
- Self motivation
- Critical Analysis
- Research skills
- Choose an area of interest and draft their project title and aims.
- Plan, research and carry out their project.
- Keep a production log of all stages of the project production, reviewing and evaluating their progress.
- Complete the project product.
- Prepare and deliver a presentation.
- Review the outcome of their project and presentation.
The ‘essay-type’ project
A single piece of work, requiring a high degree of planning, preparation and autonomous working. The projects would differ by subjects, but require persistence over time and research skills to explore a subject independently and in real depth.
The ‘artefact’ project
- An artefact, project diary or equivalent must show the entire process through sketches, photographs etc.
- 1000 words explaining process, problems, the improvements that could be made, the decisions, choice of materials etc.
- Detailed bibliography required
None, but must have the ability to work independently.
- Planning thoroughly throughout = 10 marks
- Making use of your resources is worth = 10 marks
- Clearly showing problems/solutions and modifications to your plan = 20 marks
- Reflectively evaluating strengths/ weaknesses of sources/yourself = 10 marks
- Equivalent to 1 AS Level
- With equivalent UCAS points
Reducing the level of an offer. Giving your application preference, on highly selective courses over students who have not undertaken EPQ. Providing a focus for valued content within your personal statement. Providing a major focus for interview discussion.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shoreham Academy directly.