Religious Education A Level at Pembroke School/ Ysgol Penfro
AS Course Content
· Buddhism – the life of the Buddha, some central concepts, Buddhist lifestyle and some central practices.
· Religion and Ethics – ethical theories, including Natural Law, Situation Ethics and Utilitarianism. The ethical theories will be applied to topical issues, including sexual orientation, sex outside marriage and marriage.
A2 Course Content
· Religion and Ethics – ethical theories, including Virtue Theory and Kant’s Moral Theory. The ethical theories will be applied to topical issues, including war, civil conflicts, pacifism, medical dilemmas, abortion and euthanasia.
· Religion and Human Experience – religious authority, including the nature of different types of religious authority, specific examples and how these can be used by religious believers.
· 5 GCSE Grade C or above. You do not need a GCSE in Religious Education to enter the AS course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Pembroke School/ Ysgol Penfro directly.