Dance A-Level at Kingsbridge Community College
This is an exciting course which combines practical dance study with choreography, analysis and notation.
What kind of student is this course suitable for?
The course would be of interest to students who:
- Have an interest in the performing arts sector
- Have an interest in performance and composition
- Have some dance training
- Wish to broaden and deepen their knowledge of performance art and dance
- Are committed, creative and fit
- Enjoy working with others in a relaxed, creative environment
What are the main modules you would study?
Areas you will study:
- The dancer as a performer
- Technique in contemporary, jazz and ballet
- The significance of dances
- Performance space design
- Relationship of dance to music
- Study of dance practitioners and their works
- Performance and event management
At least 5 GCSEs at grades A* - C including English and Maths. Students are expected to select a minimum of 4 AS subjects in Year 12 and continue to follow a minimum of 3 subjects to A2 in Year 13.
- You DO NOT NEED to have GCSE Dance to study this course
- Some dance training e.g. classes, GCSE or performed in dance shows
- GCSE grade C in PE, Drama or Dance if you have studied them at GCSE
- Commitment to extra rehearsals, trips and performances
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingsbridge Community College directly.