Geography Edexcel A Level at Lea Valley High School
This course provides students with a broad but detailed knowledge of the world around them. This includes the physical environment, but also the human and economic state of the world. It is useful, not only for anybody interested in environmental-based work, but also for those interested in business and finance, as a large part of the course focuses on the economic state of the world and globalisation.
This engaging and flexible course gives students the opportunity to:
- engage with the relationship of human populations to each other over space and time
- study the relationship between human populations with their physical environment at a variety of scales from the local to the global
- consider their own role in relation to themes and issues being studied and the roles, values and attitudes of others including decision making
Choose between specialised content including a dedicated fieldwork option on Unit 4.
- 5 GCSE A* ‐ C including Mathematics and English Language at grade B or better
- GCSE Geography at grade B or better
Geographers can go to study higher level courses, undergraduate degrees in a wide range of subjects/ courses, not just geography.
Geographers can go into a wide range of jobs, including advertising, education, marketing, environmental management, retail, finance, sales, law, social and health services, surveying, finance and banking, charity work.
AS/A2 Geography For Edexcel Student - David Holmes, Sue Warn
Edexcel AS/A2 Geography Textbook - Bob Digby et al
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lea Valley High School directly.