Beauty and SPA Therapies Level 3 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
The Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Beauty and Spa Therapies course offers a progression of skills and knowledge developed in the Level 2 Beauty Therapy course. It is focussed on producing highly proficient, occupationally competent, professional Beauty Therapists that can perform a wide variety of treatments and services and are job ready. The course includes developing a range of general beauty therapy treatment techniques, including massage, for relaxation and stress relief. Other units develop understanding and competence to perform electrical treatments on the face and body for therapeutic and enhancement effects. Hair removal with electrical epilation and promoting a business complete a suite of essentials for any beauty salon business, whether self- employed or working for another. This qualification is most suited to learners who wish to advance in their profession or to become salon managers and/or salon owners.
Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
· Provide body electrical treatments
· Provide facial electrical treatments
· Provide body massage treatments
· Provide electrical epilation treatments
· Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
· Provide micro dermabrasion treatments
Please be aware that the awarding body may amend unit titles from time to time and may be subject to change.
· Literacy and numeracy are an integral part of this course. If you have not achieved GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in these subjects you be required to attend functional skills in Literacy (English) and numeracy (maths).
Additionally to enhance your employability your learning package will also include:
· Personal tutorial guidance and support services
· Preparation into employment or progression into another course, i.e. C.V writing and business advice
· Sessions with industry speakers from product companies and suppliers to the industry, ex-students and employers
· Opportunities to enrich your communication and people skills working in our community projects
· Regular commercial salon experience, honing your commercial treatment timings and building confidence in our salons
· Opportunities to attend other short services courses (payment required) to enhance your C.V, expand your treatment offer and give you every chance of employment.
Continual assessment throughout the course/External written/on line tests / assessments/Practical assessments are undertaken on paying clients and must be completed in a commercially
acceptable timescale/Observation/Portfolio building/Case study assignment
In addition to timetabled classes there is provision for independent study time. Students will undertake independent learning, investigation and research and bring this to present and share in subsequent classes.
You can diversify to other therapy qualifications to expand your therapy portfolio skills or progress to Level 4 and 5 with a Foundation Degree in Beauty or Spa Management.
Warwickshire College offers the following courses: FdA Beauty Management/ FdA Spa Management/ Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies/ Level 3 Diploma in Nail Services
Entry job roles with Level 3
· Beauty Therapist
· Spa therapist
· Self- employed/entrepreneur
· Sales executive
· Commercial Trainer
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.