English Literature A AS/A2 Level at Nottingham Academy
– Students who love to read a range poetry, prose and drama.
– Students who enjoy discussing literature and finding hidden and abstract meanings.
– Students who want to develop their skills in independent learning.
In the first year of the course, you will read a range of poetry,
prose and drama from Modern Literature. You will have
opportunities to study literature in class as well as linking this
to your own interpretations of wider reading that you do. In the
second year of the course, you will expand on your
understanding from AS by reading a range of literature linking
to the theme of Love Through the Ages, studying and
appreciating Shakespearian texts as well as more modern ones.
Units covered at AS
– Unit 1: Texts in Context.
– Unit 2: Creative Study.
Units covered at A2
– Unit 3: Reading for Meaning.
– Unit 4: Extended Essay and Shakespearian Study.
5+ A*-C grades at GCSE including B grade or above in English language
and B or above in English literature.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways including:
– Written examination.
– Essay based coursework.
– Creative writing coursework.
This course allows you the opportunity to choose the style of
assessment you will submit for coursework.
English Literature is considered by all universities and
employers to be an extremely prestigious and valuable course.
You will be able to apply for any course at university or any job
with this qualification provided you have combined it with
more specific courses fitting to your career path.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nottingham Academy directly.