Music Creation and Performance Subsidiary Diploma Level 3 at City College Plymouth
This study programme is designed for those wishing to take their instrumental or vocal skills to the next level. If you are interested in playing in a band, composing, arranging or producing or if your interest is in promotion, management or music distribution - then this study programme is for you. We aim to provide you with the flexibility and skills needed for success in the music industry. Many of our students go onto higher education to specialise in performance, composition or music technology.
You will have the opportunity to develop your instrumental or vocal skills in practical sessions led by our industry-experienced pro musicians. Performances are key to this course and you will be given many opportunities to play at a range of local music venues and festivals in front of real audiences.
During the course you will gain knowledge and expertise in subjects such as:
- performance - session styles, techniques, improvising, ensemble work, event organisation
- composing, arranging and songwriting
- listening skills, theory and harmony
- Pro-Tools for recording, sampling, sequencing and composing
- music in society and world music.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
Four to five GCSEs at grades A*-C (including English and maths), although relevant experience will also be considered if you do not have these qualifications. You will also need to complete an audition.
Assessment includes practical and written work, recordings, notation, sight reading, presentations, research, participation in discussions, tests, interviews and portfolios. Functional skills, or GCSE English/maths will also be assessed if appropriate.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma for Music Practitioners
- foundation degrees in live sound or audio and music production at the College
- a degree or HND in music
- employment or freelance work in a wide range of areas of the music industry or related vocational area.
- See more at: http://www.cityplym.ac.uk/courses/music-creation-and-performance#sthash.rDlIqakq.dpuf
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.