Carpentry Level 1 Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
Carpentry is a rewarding career and the best carpenters earn very good money. This course takes a hands-on approach to the theory and practice of the carpentry and joinery trade. It will also give you the basic grounding to move on to higher studies.
You learn through practical tasks, lectures and written assignments.
- CC 1001K Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction.
- CC 1001S Carry out safe working practices in construction.
- CC 1002K Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others 1.
- CC 1002S Information, quantities and communicating with others 1.
- CC 1003K Knowledge of building methods and construction technology 1.
- CC 1003S Building methods and construction technology 1.
- CC 1004K Know how to produce basic woodworking joints.
- CC 1004S Produce basic woodworking joints.
- CC 1005K Know how to maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools.
- CC 1005S Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools.
- CC 1006K Know how to prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools.
- CC 1006S Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools.
Each unit has a test to assess the students under pinning knowledge of the subject.
Time allowed - up to 15 hours
Compulsory attendance at an interview day with assessment in English, maths and technical skills.
Through observation of practical of practical tasks in the workshop and a short written test at the end of each unit. External tests from City & Guilds throughout the course.
Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.