IT BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate at NewVIc
With a strong focus on the application of practical IT, this course will provide you with the skills and knowledge vital to any candidate for higher education or the world of commerce.
The course will focus on:
- computer systems
- Information Systems for the business world
- the impact of IT on the world of business
- website production and management
On the course you will:
- develop your existing IT skills to maintain and develop computer systems
- study the impact of IT on organisations
- develop the skills required to set up a commercial website
Five or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including English Language (grade 9-5).
Assessment for each of the six units is by a portfolio of work containing evidence showing that you have met each of the assessment criteria.
As part of a balanced A-level programme, the progression opportunities to higher education or the world of work are wide and varied. IT-related careers include Networking, Systems Analysis and Business Information Systems.
The one-year Certificate is equivalent to an AS-level. The two-year Subsidiary Diploma is equivalent to an A-level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.