Creative Media Production BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Southport College
This exciting new course will enable you to start building the technical skills and knowledge relevant to an industry (or industries) in the media sector such as Film, TV, Animation, Games Design, Graphic Design, Audio/Music technology and media. You will also develop the research skills which underpin all media productions as well as gaining a basic understanding of employment opportunities, job requirements and working practices in the media sector.
Your course will consist of the following units:
• Digital Media Sectors & Audience
• Planning & Pitching a Digital Media Product
• Media Industry in Context
• Digital Moving Image Production [Video Production]
• Digital Editing for Moving Image
• Digital Publishing Production
• Graphic Design for Digital Media
• Digital Audio Editing
• Animation for Digital Media
• Writing for Digital Media
Study Maths and English, if not already achieved. A photography option may be available for those who already have GCSE Maths or English.
Three grade 'D's at GCSE (or Level 1 Diploma Art & Design with a good portfolio), including GCSE English Language grade ‘C’; successful interview and satisfactory reference.
8 Units assessed throughout the year
On successful completion of the course, you can progress onto:
L3 Diploma in Creative Media Production, Graphic Design, or Games Animation
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southport College directly.