Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking) Level Three NVQ Diploma at East Riding College
This course follows on from level two and helps you to practise and develop your skills in producing complex food dishes in the kitchen, as well as supervising the restaurant and bar.
- Practical classes
- Theory work to support your practical evidence
- Food preparation and cooking
- Food and drink service
- Food hygiene
- Health and safety
You will achieve the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level Three Diploma in Professional Cookery (Food Preparation and Cooking)
- Functional skills/GCSEs
- Four GCSEs at grade A* to C
- Level Two NVQ Diploma in Professional Catering
- Experience of working in the catering and hospitality industry
- Satisfactory record of achievement or references
- Satisfactory College interview and a practical skills test
You will build a portfolio and complete short answer on-line questions. Practical assessments are always completed in the restaurant or the production kitchen so that you are performing at the level required for industry.
You could get a job in the hospitality and catering industry in Britain or abroad. You could work in an hotel, restaurant, public house, or a canteen. You may even work at sea or join the uniformed services. The hospitality and catering industry employs more people worldwide than any other industry so there are excellent employment prospects. You could also go onto higher education and gain a degree. Learners may also obtain a catering specific apprenticeship in the workplace.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.