Plastering Level 1 Diploma at Hull College Group
Students will work in an outstanding, modern and well-equipped workshop with the support of specialist plastering staff.
You will be involved in preparing background surfaces for plastering and applying a variety of finishes to new and old walls, such as sand and cement render, gypsum backing products, plasterboards and skimming to given specifications.
The course will include practical sessions and job knowledge sessions. Course content is approximately 70% practical and 30% theory.
- Apply plaster materials to internal surfaces
- Produce fibrous plaster components
- Position and secure fibrous plaster components
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Form sand and cement screeds
No formal qualifications are required although you must have an interest in the construction industry. Students who do not have English as their first language will need ESOL at Level 1.
- Practical assessments are carried out on an on-going basis. Times set for assessments will be determined by the student’s progress.
- Job knowledge papers
- Externally set multi-choice papers
Students are required to provide their own safety footwear, overalls and all stationery requirements. Safety footwear must be worn in all workshops. We do not allow the use of safety trainers except in painting and decorating where this is appropriate.
Students will also be required to purchase a Hull College polo shirt for the course (approx. £8). Information regarding this will be provided at interview.
Successful completion will allow progression on to the Level 2 Plastering. This is a higher level course with a one year duration designed to prepare for employment as a plasterer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.