Professional Cookery Level 2 Diploma at Blackburn College
This all encompassing hospitality course offers excellent opportunities to develop skills in all sectors of the industry including fine dining, hotels, bars and restaurants which can provide an excellent grounding for progression onto higher qualifications and possibly traveling the world.
To achieve the Certificate in Professional Cookery candidates must complete 18 units. You will study units such as:-
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself & your organisation
- Prepare and cook fish, meat & poultry
- Produce vibrant fruit & vegetable dishes
- Produce rice, pulse & grain dishes
- Produce authentic pasta dishes
- Produce egg dishes
- Produce bread, cakes, sponge products, and hot & cold desserts
You will have a NVQ Level 1 or VRQ Level 1 Hospitality qualification or equivalent. Alternatively you may have experience in the Hospitality industry or be looking to enter the industry in the future. All applicants will be interviewed by the course leader for their suitability prior to the start of the course.
You will be assessed using the following methods:-
- Questioning (this could be verbal or written).
Progression opportunities on to a full time Level 3 Hospitality qualification or an apprenticeship. Higher education is available for successful students.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blackburn College directly.