Apprenticeship in Hair Professional at The Link Training Academy
About this level
Level 2 is ideal if you already have completed a level 1 in school or a full time program at level 1 or you are really passionate abour Hairdressing or Barbering qualification and want to become a Stylist.
There are two qualifications we offer at this level:
- Level 2 Diploma Hairdressing route 1
- Level 2 Diploma Barbering route 2
Depending on the qualification you choose, you complete four or more mandatory units and a number of optional units from a range. Mandatory units include:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques.
Optional units include:
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
Must be passionate about hairdressing or barbering and have good communication and presentation skills.
Initial assessment will take place with an invitation to spend the day with us and our learners.
following on from this you will be invited to discuss what you expect from your employment and look for appropriate salons for you to work in.
Once employment is secured, you will start your apprenticeship.
The course is fully funded by EFSA.
Learners will require a uniform and a kit
At the end of your course you will be able to work as a junior stylist in a salon, you will also have the option to progress on to your level 3 in either hairdressing or barbering. From there you could move on in to a variety of job opportunities or even start your business.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.