Brickwork Apprenticeship at East Berkshire College
All Apprenticeships consist of a Framework of different elements. They must include qualifications that, when achieved, prove the Apprentices competence in carrying out work of the Level and type identified in the Framework.
Also included must be qualifications which demonstrate the technical knowledge of the job and industry, plus more wide ranging general skills required to operate successfully in the trade; these will include Maths, English and, if appropriate, ICT and Employer
Rights and Responsibilities.
The different elements can be combined in one qualification, or be covered in separate qualifications, but all elements must be achieved to obtain a full Apprentice Certificate.
- Conforming to General Safety in the Workplace
- Conforming to Efficient Working Practices in the Workplace
- Confirm Occupational Method of Work
- Confirming Work Activities & Resources for the Work
- Develop & Maintain Good Working Relationships
- Erect Masonry structures
- Set out Masonry structures
- Erect thin joint masonry structures
- Set out complex masonry structures
- Erect complex masonry structures
- Repair and maintain masonry structures
- Working on a construction site, to given specifications, setting out structures and carrying out complex building work.
- Your employer would be expected to train and support you in the workplace so you have the experience to be competent in all of the mandatory and chosen optional units.
You will be assessed in the workplace as well as the college to ensure all the competencies are met.
The range of methods include portfolio building, professional discussion and direct observation, as well as classroom teaching and online tests.
You will have regular review meetings with your assessor and employer to support the achievement of the qualification.
Foundation Degree in Construction
A career in Construction Management. Achievement of this qualification provides opportunities to progress to further qualifications and training such as : Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision Technical , supervisory and management qualifications or positions within their own organisations
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.