Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Advanced Apprenticeship at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
Apprenticeships are designed with the help of the employers in the industry, so they offer a structured programme that takes you through the skills you need to do a job well. There are targets and checks to make sure that your employer is supporting you and you are making progress.
Some of your training will take place in HLC’s fine restaurant facilities supported by guided learning and assessment on the job at your place of work.
Our trainers are drawn from the industry and have a real understanding of what skills you will need to acquire to become successful in this very rewarding career.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership - This is the competency part of the qualification and essential for you to achieve the full apprenticeship. This part shows that you are competent in performing the skill, trade or occupation your apprenticeship requires.
- Level 3 Award in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Principles: to show that you have the necessary technical skills, knowledge and understanding of theoretical concepts as well as knowledge and understanding of the relevant market and industry.
- Functional Skills English Level 2
- Functional Skills Mathematics Level 2
- You would normally be expected to have 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (including maths and English), or a relevant vocational qualification at Level 2 or above.
- Those applicants without formal qualifications but who can evidence substantial and relevant sector work experience will also be considered.
- All applicants are offered a place subject to satisfactory interview and an initial assessment in maths and English.
Assessment will take place through practical training at college and at the work place as well as via theory which is demonstrated through a portfolio of evidence. This will involve extensive report writing of a good standard. Work-based assessments are also carried out. Any relevant prior knowledge you may have will be used to assist in planning the programme and training.
Apprentices at this level work as unit managers/supervisors or team leaders for contract catering companies, head housekeepers, head of reception, front of house manager, duty manager, hotel supervisor or as a regional supervisor or manager in a restaurant or pub chain with multiple outlets.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.