Textiles & Fashion Design A-Level at Seevic College
Textiles & Fashion Design is an ideal A-Level choice if you are interested in fashion design or considering studying textiles, fashion, interiors or costume at university.
You will develop knowledge and understanding of constructed textiles, dyed textiles and printed textiles – ultimately creating and constructing a successful outcome design.
You will also have opportunities to get involved in fashion shows and exhibitions.
General Entry Requirements
Average point score of 5.3, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths.
If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade C/4 or above in an Art & Design or Creative Media GCSE subject preferred.
- Students who have not taken a GCSE in an Art & Design or Creative Media subject may present a portfolio of work to demonstrate passion, commitment and ability at an acceptable level.
You will be given practical project briefs, which you will complete on location and in the Textile Studio at Seevic College, and participate in regular technique workshops.
Your coursework in Year 2 will be an individual creative project that promotes personal interpretation and the development of your own individual style. You will be assessed throughout the two years with an externally set practical exam.
You’ll need a sewing kit – consisting of scissors, pins and needles (etc.). A full list of resources and advice about where to buy them will be given to you at the start of term.
- If you want to continue studying textiles, fashion or costume at university, then this course is a great choice.
- It will also be ideal if you hope to take the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design at Seevic College once you finish your A-Levels.
- Former student Daisy Banks is currently studying Costume Design at Wimbledon College of the Arts – part of University of the Arts London and one of the capital's leading specialist art colleges. While at Seevic College she designed and created a bespoke evening gown for the Mayor of Castle Point.
You’ll be able to attend regular gallery and exhibition visits; including trips to places like:
- Victoria & Albert Museum
- The Barbican
- Somerset House.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.