Motor vehicle - Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle (Light and Heavy Vehicles) level 3 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
This Apprenticeship consists of units incorporating some units completed at level 2 – you will study the following for level 3.
• Diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle engine faults
• Diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle chassis system faults
• Diagnosing and rectifying vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
• Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults • Maths and English unless already achieved GCSE grade 5 or above
The course involves practical work and theory. You are assessed on practical skills and system knowledge on work carried out to add to your portfolio of evidence. How will I be assessed?
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English and maths at 4 or above and 2 other GCSEs at grade 3 or above including science or technology
• You will be assessed on an on-going basis throughout the year and will successfully
• Demonstrate your skills on set practical tasks
• Complete mandatory on-line exams for set units
• Complete Internal underpinning knowledge tests
• Compile a portfolio of evidence.
Employment with dealerships or companies operating their own fleets/In-house CPD/ Management qualifications/advanced vehicle diagnostics.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.