Btec Level 2 Joinery at Cockburn John Charles Academy
The Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry is designed to develop the skills and knowledge of people, enabling them to work in the industry in their chosen craft. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on the student showing what they can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
Whilst on the course you will study:
- Carry out first fixing operations
- Carry out maintenance to non-structural carpentry work
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out structural carcassing operations
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Understanding construction technology
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
5 GCSEs at Grade D or above
These subjects will provide you with the specific skillset needed for a career within the industry. Students should choose two of these subjects.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.