Television and Film Pathway BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at East Berkshire College
The BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma (Television and Film Pathway) is the equivalent to one GCE A level and completed over one year.
The course is focussed on video production and multi-media techniques and is designed to equip you with the range of practical and analytical multi-media skills you would need in a real working environment.
The emphasis is on developing practical and creative skills in a range of areas.
The three Core Units are
- Pre-Production Techniques for Creative Media Production
- Research Skills for the Creative Media industries.
The fours specialist units are
- Film and Video Editing Techniques
- Film Studies
- Music Video Production
- Digital Graphics.
As well as learning about the creative industries, you will develop the skills you need to get started on your chosen career.
Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English Language, or an equivalent qualification such as Media BTEC Diploma Level 2 (formerly BTEC First Diploma), with as lest a Merit grade.
You should bring examples of related creative work (such as film reviews, photography or media coursework) to your interview.
As this is practical, work-related course.
You are assessed through projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
- The Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Creative Media Production (Television and Film pathway) offers an exciting programme which will give you the opportunity to try for a career in the creative industries on successful completion of the course or go on to the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production.
- The employment opportunities are very wide ranging and include specialist technical careers in: Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design and Web Design, Digital Video Production, Animation, Film and Television Production
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.