Games Development Cambridge Technical Diploma Level 2 at City College Plymouth
This is an exciting opportunity to become involved within, what is currently, the fastest growing area in the creative industries. The aim of this course is to prepare you for a career in the field of computer game development and associated industries. You will be guided through the game development process, from the planning stages to the final production and testing.
- Introducing Media Products and Audiences
- Graphic Design for Media Products
- 2D Games Development
- 2D Games Production
- Planning and Producting a Media Product
- Mobile Application Design
- Producing Visual Assests for Mobile Device Operating Systems Applications
- Mobile Device Application Production
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
You will need four GCSEs, at grade D or above, in English and maths. All applications will be considered and acceptance will be based on your educational qualifications and your practical abilities. Creative enthusiasm is essential.
After successful completion of this course, you may progress to the College’s BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production (Games Development).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.