Light Maintenance & Repair Principles Level 3 IMI Diploma at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
Working in a practical environment and studying in the classroom, you will develop skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Support for Job Roles in the Automotive Work Environment
- Skills in Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Engine Faults
- Skills in Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Chassis System Faults
- Diagnosis and Rectification of Light Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Faults
- Skills in Diagnosing and Rectifying Vehicle Auxiliary Electrical Faults
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive - Environment
If you have not yet achieved a grade C (or above) in GCSE English and maths, you will be required to attend GCSE resit sessions (if you achieved grade D) or functional skills sessions (if you achieved grade E or below).
- Level 2 Vehicle Maintenance Qualification or proven previous experience in industry
- At least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (including English and maths)
You will be assessed via observations, exams, workbooks and a portfolio of your work throughout the year.
You could progress onto an IMI Level 4 diploma or an apprenticeship in vehicle maintenance and repair.
Employment opportunities could include work in a junior role within the automotive repair industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.