Science Level 3 at Craven College
Want to be on the cusp of the next big scientific breakthrough or looking to explore the meaning behind the universe? If it’s working in a laboratory or for the front line of the NHS, our A Level equivalent courses lead into careers in biomedical science, nursing, forensics, criminology, clinical science and more, helping you achieve your career goals!
This applied science course provides an exciting, alternative pathway to develop your knowledge of biology, chemistry and physics in a more practical way with an emphasis on the skills and knowledge used in medical science, preparing you for employment or university,
Whether you are interested in cell structures, physiology, radiotherapy, electrical circuits or astronomy, you will study a wide range of subjects to give you a broad spectrum of understanding. You will undertake experimental laboratory work in our outstanding, fully equipped science laboratory facilities and benefit from visits to specialist laboratories and guest speakers from key scientific backgrounds.
Our highly qualified tutors, with backgrounds in nursing and forensics, add another exciting dimension to your studies.
- Principles & Applications of Science I (Exam based)
- Practical Scientific Procedures & Techniques
- Science Investigation Skills (Exam based)
- Laboratory Techniques & Their Applications
- Diseases & Infections
- Physiology of Human Body Systems
- Principles & Applications of Science II (Exam based)
- Investigative Project Contemporary Issues in Science (Exam based)
- Forensic Evidence Collection & Analysis
- Human Regulation & Reproduction Biomedical Science
- Genetics & Genetic Engineering
5 GCSEs 9-4 (A*-C) including English, maths & science
Written examination and practical examination
For information about Financial Support that Craven College can offer visit: http://www.craven-college.ac.uk/support/fees-and-funding
- Animal Science & Behaviour FD Equine Science FD
- Science Degree at University
- Biomedical Science
- Clinical Sciences
- Veterinary Nursing
- Forensics and Criminology
At Craven College we want you to be successful both during your time here at College and anything you decide to do after College.
The support services within College exist to help support you to get the most out of your course:Craven College Support
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Craven College directly.